Skin care on a budget
- Nov 5, 2018 at 9:10pm
- by Dr. Vishwas patel
Keeping your skin healthy and looking its best doesn't necessarily mean breaking the bank if you follow these practical tips:
- Cleanse, treat, and prevent.
- Use sunscreen 365 days a year.
- Get the most from your body moisturizer.
In the winter, apply it to damp skin as soon as you get out of the shower to lock in the moisture.
- Consider using petroleum jelly.
This common, inexpensive product has several uses for skin care including:
- moisturizing rough, cracked feet, elbows, and hands; dry cuticles and lips; and peeling nails;
- preventing chafing when running or biking;
- protecting kids' scrapes and bumps; and
- applying as a diaper ointment
- Use one or two skin care product lines at a time.
- Remember, a more expensive skin care product is not necessarily more effective.
- Consider dual-function products.
- Get the most for your hard-earned money.
Don't let a 12-hour period go by without using some sort of treatment or product on your skin (sunscreen counts).
This helps prevent sun damage that could lead to wrinkles, age spots, or even skin cancer.
Limiting product lines saves money and storage space.
Some brands contain fragrances that may lead to skin problems.
Examples include a moisturizer plus sunscreen and a lip balm with sunscreen.
When choosing anti-aging products, look for ingredients such as vitamin A and alpha hydroxy acid.
For any other questions visit your dermatologist