8 ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE INGREDIENTS
- Apr 09, 2019 at 6:05pm
- by Dr. Vishwas Patel
Look for these 8 proven anti-aging ingredients in your skin care products
- Forms of vitamin A that speed up cell turnover, retinoids help remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and make skin look dull. They boost COLLAGEN and ELASTIN production by stimulating cellular repair, and increase blood vessel formation.
2. ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS (AHAs)
- AHAs such as glycolic, lactic, tartaric and citric acid remove dead cells, reduce fine lines, age spots, acne scars and helps even out discolouration.
3. HYALURONIC ACID
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that absorbs water and plumps skin. It aids in the repair and regeneration of skin affected by dryness, environmental stress or irritation.
- Antioxidants counteract the effects of harmful free radicals — molecules that form in the body as a result of damage from UV rays and other environmental irritants — and help to prevent DNA, collagen and elastin.
- Also known as ‘copper peptide’, peptides are regarded by some as the most effective skin renewal ingredient. They are small proteins that not only acts as antioxidants but also stimulate collagen and elastin production.
- Ceramics help skin recover from sun damage, dryness and irritation. They also help regulate cell activity and may help prevent the loss of collagen and elastin.
7. DNA-REPAIR INGRADIENTS
- Compound derived from plant sources have been found to restore DNA that has been damaged by free radicals, help reverse sun damage and stimulate collagen production
- To help even out sun spots, blotches and mottled skin. for example kojic acid and other non-hydroquinone skin lighteners are available in the market.