- July 20, 2020 at 10:10am
- by Dr. Vishwas Patel
- Hormones control oil gland activity, so hormonal fluctuations may lead to acne. Salicylic acid or gluconolactone can gently clear up blemishes without over-stripping the protective barrier.
BROWN SPOTS (PIGMENTATION)
- Hormones can also control melanin production. Lightening ingredients like kojic acid, azelaic acid, retinoids, vitamin C along with laser therapies can help clear up hyper-pigmentation
- Plummeting levels of estrogens or a thyroid hormone imbalance can reduce production of the skin’s natural oils. Emollients with a boost of omega-3 in diet replenishes skin’s lipids.
- Hormonal imbalance, including elevated stress hormones, dehydrates skin. Humectants like hyaluronic acid and urea bind necessary moisture to the skin. Lactic acid hydrates and exfoliates.
- Stress induced cortisol peaks or a prolonged estrogen deprived state can ramp up inflammation. Ginger, turmeric, probiotics and oats are a must in the diet to keep skin inflammation under control.
For more information visit your dermatologist……