Know About Phototherapy in Vitiligo
- Apr 27, 2021 at 10:10am
- by Dr. Vishwas Patel
Phototherapy is very useful tool in the treatment of vitiligo. Phototherapy stimulates the melanocytes to make melanin which gives colour to the skin.
2 Types of Phototherapy
- Natural: Sun light which is high in UV-A rays and low in UV-B rays
- Artificial: Lamp / Tube lights (4 types)
4 Types of Lamp / Tube light
- UV-A light (Ultra Violet A light)
- UV-B light (Ultra Violet B light)
- NB UVB light (Narrow Band Ultra Violet B light)
- EXCIMER lamp
Sun light Vs Artificial light
Studies have shown that artificial lights with UV-B rays are more effective and has less side effects than sun light which is high in UV-A rays.
For more information visit your dermatologist……