VITAMINS FOR HEALTHY SKIN AND HAIR
- Aug 05, 2019 at 9:10am
- by Dr. Vishwas Patel
HEALTHY DIET FOR HEALTHY SKIN AND HAIR
- A rich anti oxidant found in many yellow fruits and vegetables. It helps repair damaged skin and is anti-ageing.
- Vegetable sources: carrots, butternut squash, sweet potato, spinach, leafy greens, pumpkins, kale
- Fruit sources: strawberries, papaya, lemon, oranges, mango
- Providing antioxidant properties, Vitamin C is anti-ageing and maintains collagen levels in the skin. It is an anti inflammatory.
- Vegetable sources: peppers, watercress, cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, leafy greens, cauliflower
- Fruit sources: cantaloupe melon, mango, peach, apricots
- Also known as the sunshine vitamin. Vitamin D regulates our absorption of calcium.
- SUNLIGHT is the main source of vitamin D.
- Other sources: sunflower seeds, spirulina, flax seeds, mushrooms
- An antioxidant that heals damaged skin by fighting free radicals. It is anti-ageing.
- Vegetable sources: spinach, dark leafy greens,kale, chard
- Fruit sources: kiwi fruit, avocado
- Nuts and Seeds: almonds, sunflower seeds
VITAMIN B COMPLEX
- B Complex vitamins are necessary for healthy skin and hair
- Vitamin B2: seaweed, spinach, almonds,mushrooms, asparagus
- Vitamin B5: mushrooms, broccoli, avocado, sweet potato
- Vitamin B7: almond, walnut, swiss chard, romaine lettuce
- Vitamin B9: dark leafy vegetables
- Vitamin B12: found only in animal products such as eggs, fish, meat, milk